Friday, July 17, 2009

A Month Long Quest

I really love fresh hot bread-who doesn't? My Dad and my oldest brother are amazing bread makers. I mean like mouth watering, craving it all the time, wonderful bread makers. My favorite breads are rustic artisan breads-crunchy on the outside and soft and thick inside. So, about 5 or 6 weeks ago I began my quest into the world of sourdough bread. In order to make sourdough bread you need a starter. In order to have a starter you need to create a seed culture - sounds complicated right-you have NO IDEA! I will make a long story short by simply saying that after many tries and failures, endless phone calls with my saint of a father, and more patience than I thought I had......I did it!
My first two loaves of hot delicious sourdough bread. They were not as good looking or tasting as my Dad's bread- but it is a start. You have never enjoyed food until you have sweated, prayed, and slaved over it. Come to Atlanta and I will make you some.

1 comment:

  1. Oooohh, I'm salivating over your bread! I want some delicious homemade sourdough bread, but I can almost guarantee you that I won't ever do all that work to get the starter! How sad and pathetic!!

    ReplyDelete