Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Which Creeps You Out More?

I have lived in the South for the last six years. There are a few things that are true about the South. First, the Confederate Flag does still fly. Second, if it came down to chocolate or crisco-crisco would win hands down. Thirdly, roaches and spiders are a part of life.
In our last place of residence the roaches were the big winners. In fact I still feel like passing out when I remember the time I woke up 7 1/2 months pregnant with a huge cockroach inside my ear. No amount of cleanliness can save you from those dirty little devils. I hate them-I know they have a purpose here on Earth-but I swear the purpose it to make me a little insane.
When we moved I was so excited to escape from the creepy little suckers. In our new place it is spiders. No big deal right? I was more than happy to trade one for the other-until tonight. I opened up the (VERY CLEAN) cupboard under my sink to see the biggest spider I have ever seen outside of a zoo. We are talking huge and creepy and ....you get the picture. Luckily, Dan was home and he could tell by my white face and the way I was slowly walking backwards brandishing a knife that something was wrong. The body of the nasty thing was the size of a golf ball-now add some legs and it was a mutant monster.
So, I ask all of you out there in blogland- which creeps you out more? YUCK!
P.S. I think I am feeling a little biased right now and will make a final decision at a later date.

3 comments:

  1. Seriously, thank you for not taking a picture of this monstrosity......I am wigging out just thinking about it. AHHHH! Cockroaches are hands down for me better because I can kill them and get over it. Spiders....well we would just have to move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cockroach in the ear is possibly one of the most disturbing things I've ever heard so that one wins for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I really wish you were still here Tara. You make me laugh so hard.

    I personally think roaches are sick nasty infesters. I remember selling pest control in Tennessee and sometimes saying all the nasty things they can do so that people would get grossed out and buy.

    Roaches hands down are way more nasty. The ear story definitely defeats Phil's story. He thought I was playing footsie with him at dinner, well no it was not me. It was a huge roach. Sick, but one in your ear!

    ReplyDelete